Wasabi & Honey Glazed-Salmon Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped, peeled ginger root
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin (or vermouth)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons wasabi paste
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together mirin, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, ginger and wasabi to taste. (Add the wasabi incrementally, tasting as you go.)
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until glaze thickens slightly, about 5 minutes (mine took closer to 10 minutes). Remove from the heat.
- My adaption to this recipe is that I prefer to sear and roast salmon in an oven-proof skillet.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Lightly coat an oven-proof skillet with olive oil and heat on medium-high.
- Season the salmon with a little kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper.
- When the oil begins to shimmer, and just starts to smoke, add the salmon, skin side up.
- Sear, without moving it around for 3-4 minutes. Turn the salmon over, skin side down. Brush some of the glaze onto the salmon and then place the skillet of salmon into the oven for about 4 minutes.
- Spoon the remainder of the sauce over the salmon and serve hot.