- 3 fresh tomatoes, diced, or you can use 1 (15 oz.) can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 1/2 tablespoons Egg substitute equivalent to 3 eggs – I use Ener-G substitute= teaspoons of Ener
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 8s oz. packages of portabella mushrooms, diced
- 5 medium russet potatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup unflavored Soy Milk
- Boil and peel the potatoes – cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a non-stick pan throw in the mushrooms, carrots, garlic, onions, tomatoes, cover with EVOO and stir. Set the pan over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a deep baking dish, arrange the potato slices one next to another and cover the bottom. Bring over the mushroom filling and throw it over the potatoes, evenly. Cover with another layer of potato slices.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy milk and the egg substitute. Pour it over the potatoes.
- Put the baking dish in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Allow it to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.