Ingredients Stinging Nettle Pesto:
- 2 cups stinging nettles, blanched and chopped (6 cups raw)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, roasted
- 5 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Using tongs, blanche nettles for a minute or two in boiling water to neutralize the sting.
- Remove to a salad spinner and shake off excess water, then ball up your nettles and give one good squeeze to wring out more water.
- Chop nettles and add to a food processor with roasted pine nuts (or walnuts, if you prefer), grated Parmesan, garlic cloves, lemon juice, and seasoning.
- Pour half the olive oil in and…Whirrrr. Pour the rest of the oil in. Whir again, until your preferred consistency.