- 1/4 pound Spanish chorizo (spicy cured pork sausages) cut to ¼” di
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 3/4 cup Dry white wine (I increased to 1 cup with a little more salt)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 2 pounds little neck Clams (1 kg)
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion,chopped (100 g)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 yellow Bell pepper, chopped (100 g)
- Cook onion, bell pepper, garlic, cumin seeds and salt in oil in a deep pot over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, 7 to 9 mins. Stir in Wine and bring to boil.
- Add clams and chorizo, then boil, covered until clams open, 7-8 mins. (Discard any clams that are not open)
- Season with pepper and stir in cilantro.
- Serve these clams with some crusty bread for sopping up the sauce.