- cup finely chopped almonds
- 4 mediums bosc pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons natural granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- Nondairy vanilla frozen dessert or organic vanilla
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.In a mixing bowl, combine the fruits with the next 5ingredients and stir together until evenly coated.
- Pour into a lightly oiled 9- by 13-inch baking pan.In a small bowl, combine the first 4 topping ingredients and toss to coat.
- Drizzle in the oil and stir until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the fruits are soft and the topping is golden. If desired, serve warm in bowls over frozen dessert.