- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni pasta
- 12 ounces lobster tail pieces, fully cooked
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk, room temperature
- 4 cups + cups white cheese, shredded (For this recipe, I like to use a combination of w
- 1/4 cup white truffle oil (optional – but why the hell not?)
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions; drain. Start the cheese sauce by making a roux: Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat. When melted and foamy, add the flour and whisk together to form a paste.
- Add 1 cup of milk; continue to whisk until mixture is blended and creamy. Start adding the cheese 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly. As the cheese melts, continue to add remaining milk and cheese in 1-cup increments. If the cheese sauce seems too thick for your liking, you can add in more milk as desired – just use small increments and keep stirring.
- Add the white truffle oil once all the cheese and milk have been incorporated. Once the cheese sauce is fully melted