- as desired parmesan or asiago cheese
- 1 slice bacon (black peppered bacon is a favorite)
- 1/2 cup cooked chick peas
- 4 ounces linguini (dry)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- If not done prior, soak and boil the Chick Peas according to instructions on package.
- Boil water for linguini and cook according to package directions. Drain linguini.
- In small skillet, brown bacon. Remove bacon to paper towel to dry and drain bacon fat.
- In skillet, add 1/3 cup olive oil. Heat until warm, add chick peas and heat until warm.
- Crumble bacon and optional red pepper and add to olive oil and chickpea mixture and toss with cooked drained linguini. Top with dry parmesan or asaigo chese