- 1 cup Beef broth
- 3 tablespoons Bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, hot
- 2 eggs, well-beaten
- 1/2 pound Lean ground pork, shoulder
- 1 pound Lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- to taste salt
- 3 tablespoons Cold water
- Thoroughly mix ground meats, onion, bread crumbs, cold water, and eggs.
- Season the mixture with salt, paprika, mustard, and parsley. Blend ingredients thoroughly and shape into a loaf.
- Place the loaf in a baking pan and bake in a preheated oven for about 45 minutes. While meat is baking, gradually pour hot beef broth over the top of the meatloaf and basting occasionally. Serve with German bread dumplings.