- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 pint mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups leftover cornbread, cubed
- 1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 10-15 fresh basil leaves, sliced
- Kosher salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Melt butter in an oven safe pan or heavy skillet and add cornbread. Toss in butter and cook over medium high heat for 3-5 minutes. Toast in a preheated oven at 300 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until dry and hard like croutons. Remove from oven and set aside until cool.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, zest and maple syrup. Salt to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss cornbread with tomatoes, onion, cucumber and basil. Drizzle with 1/3 to 1/2 of the dressing and serve the rest on the side.