- 3 3/4 ounces (5 cups packed) fresh basil leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup high quality olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 ounce (¼ cup) pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- Combine basil, garlic, cheeses, and nuts in food processor or blender. Process to mix. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Process to desired consistency.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Thin pesto with a few tablespoons cream or hot pasta cooking water before tossing with hot pasta (fettuccine or linguine).