- 1 stick of butter
- 2 pkg. (¼ oz.) dry yeast
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk (scald)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Thoroughly mix undissolved yeast with 1/3 of the flour and all other dry ingredients.
- Heat liquids with the butter over low heat until very warm. butter does not need to melt.
- Add liquids to dry ingredients. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixture, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add about 1/2 cup flour or enough flour to make a thick batter. Add eggs. Beat or high speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in additional flour. Let rise for 1/2 hour.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.