- 8 ounces dried Chinese egg noodles or soba (buckwheat) noodles
- 3/4 pound flank steak, trimmed of any fat and cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- Drop noodles into a large quantity of boiling water and cook 3-5 minutes, until barely tender to the bite. Drain, rinse with cold water and reserve.
- Combine the beef and oyster sauce in a bowl; stir to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat. When hot, add the vegetable oil, swirling to coat the sides. Add the garlic, ginger, and green onions and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the beef and cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- Add the sauce and noodles.
- Gently toss until heated through and sauce has thickened. Serve immediately.