- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 6 gala apples, rinsed
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pats
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- In large bowl, mix together cherries, brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- With a melon scooper, core apples to hollow out the middle. Do not go all the way through. Fill each apple core with the dried cherry mixture.
- Pour apple cider into casserole dish and place apples right side up. Place a pat of butter on apple role filled with mixture. Drizzle maple syrup on top of all the apples. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.