- 1 bell pepper – chopped
- Handful cilantro – chopped
- 16 ounces container cottage cheese
- 6 cloves garlic – crushed& chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 pound of you favorite macaroni
- 1/2 cup milk
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese- shredded
- 10 ounces package frozen creamed spinach
- 1/2 sweet onion – chopped
- Heat a large saucepot with a drizzle of olive oil and add the onion, garlic, bell pepper and cilantro and let sauté until the onion is clear. Add the frozen creamed spinach and continue to sauté until the spinach is thawed. Add the ketchup and stir, continuing to sauté on low.
- In a food processor combine the cottage cheese, milk and 4 oz. of the shredded cheddar cheese. Process until the cottage is smooth.
- Prepare the macaroni as directed.
- Add the cooked macaroni to the saucepot with the sautéing spinach and toss add the processed cottage cheese mixture and toss. Turn off heat. Top with the remaining 4 oz. of cheddar cheese. Cover and let the cheddar cheese melt. This takes only a second or two.